Kefalonia: the Big Island
Kefalonia is the bigest of the 7 Ionian islands. And it is unique in its natural beauty while at the same time it still retains unspoiled most of its character.
From Villa Daphni you can explore the island, while at the same time you are very close to some of the island's exceptional spots.
Here some of the spots you should try:
- Visit the small villages of Pylaros such as Dendrinata and Drakapoulata, to see local rural life.
- Drive to the fishing port of Fiskardo and spend some time in its cosmopolitan narrow streets. Fiskardo and the surrounding villages are some of the few that survived the big earthqauke of 1953. Some of its old buildings will give you an idea of the pre-earthquake appearance of the island.
- On your way to Fiskardo, visit the small harbor of Assos and its castle.
- Visit mountain Ainos and explore its secrets.
- Visit the caves of Melissani and Drogarati near Sami
- Visit the 16th-century hilltop Castle of St George, near the small town of Peratata.
- Visit Argostoli, the island's capital
- Visit Gentilini's local winnery for wine-testing
- Take a boat for a daily cruise to Ithaka
Want to see fantastic aerials of Kefalonia? Watch this video from XLCreations made with drone in YouTube. The cover photo of this page is from this video!